SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cplover

Help! Need to Pick Paint Color for Exterior

cplover
10 years ago

So I need to pick a paint color the exterior of my home and fast! I was hoping to buy SW paint since they have a sale going through Monday for 30% which could save me some cash. I also have BM and Home Depot near me for paint options. Here is a photo of the current color of my house (a single story 1957 ranch):

I would describe the current colors as a "camo" color, sorta of a greeny beige. I dislike it. We want to keep the trim white to make our lives easier-- we will be doing the painting ourselves to save $$. As you can see from the photo we have a lot of green around our house--lots of trees. The smaller tree in front of the house is a Magnolia that blooms whitish pink and red bud that also is pink.

I was leaning towards a warm gray-- but these are the colors I ended up painting these color samples around my house:
SW Anonymous - like but not sure I love, I think it may be too safe and too similar to the current color-- even though anonymous is more of a greige
SW Peppercorn - like the drama of it but at the same time it is pretty dark and I am afraid my house will look like a small black box. Hubby is afraid it might be too cold of a color. I do like it with the white trim.
SW Urbane Bronze - too brown and I am not sure I like it with white trim.

Any advice? I wish I could see the color on the whole house. I tried BM and SW color viewers and they did not help much.

TIA for your advice!

Comments (11)