SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

'Garden in my Wedding' pros and cons

rosajoe_gw
12 years ago

I received the pattern over a week late. No fault of the seller, our distribution center in Savannah is having probs and is due to close soon. Our mail will go thru Jacksonville FL, Macon GA or somewhere in SC lol!!!

This pattern (1999) is replace by 'Flowers in my Wedding' for $32 + postage. I paid $20 for the garden and I am waiting for a $5 rebate. So for $15 total I was pleased.

There are nine pages of 1 and 2 sheets the consistency of phone book pages. These would have to be cut apart for PPing. The PPing looks simple enough, with only lines to follow (most are fairly straight lines). 8 different fabrics + the melon are suggested.

About 10 pages of instruction are included and with a quick perusal it looks detailed enough for an experienced beginner.

The applique is full size (I really get anonoyed when they say enlarge to ** size ) but only the pattern, no instruction on how to applique or the placement. OK with me as they did include a pic of the finished quilt to refer to.

On sale I think the pattern is cheaper than buying foundation paper and printing your own. All nine pages are exactly the same, but the pattern would be easy to copy on other foundations.

This pattern is a TON of work but I am excited to start looking for fabrics.

I drool over 'Bali Stars' but at this point in my life I can't see paying $50 + shipping for a pattern.

I think her patterns are expensive, but she is very talented (IMO0 lol!!!!!!

Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: JudyNeimeyer

Comments (10)