SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megpie77

What do you think of this dining table? Pics!

megpie77
13 years ago

I just did the most frustrating thing, besides adding a bar overhang into our already small dining room, and besides purchasing a square table for our narrow rectangle dining room. I drove 4 hours one way to look at a beautiful duncan phyfe solid mahogany pedestal table, which when I got there, I realised the guy mismeasured the table! He said it was a width of 3'2" which would have been perfect. It was actually 4 inches wider and not going to work. Thank God for a patient little 3 year old and my mother who graciously went with me.

Sorry for the rant. I sold our square table (and surprisingly got a lot back for it!) and though I love those reclaimed trestle style tables they are not in our budget. I want to get rid of the dark furniture in the small dining space and was wondering

1. Does the style of the table below go (not our espresso one, the others below).

2. french white or rustic pine?

I'm thinking white would lighten the space but am wondering if the pine would be more forgiving. But I'm not sure if the pine goes with the wall color. Why didn't God make me a natural born designer!?

Oh and never mind the chairs, I have an idea for those!

Thank you so much for your time and feedback, it means a great deal.

PB tables

white

rustic pine

full view of table

french white full view

Comments (23)