SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nyrgirl35

What options for kitchen flooring?

nyrgirl35
10 years ago

I have a multilevel house and majority of it is wood laminate flooring I don't love it but it's ok. Just to explain my house flow, you enter through a side door have 15' narrow hallway (wood laminate) and you could either go 5 steps down to basement, straight ahead to appartment (which we don't rent and leave door open as part of our house, or up 5 steps to our L shaped LR (wood laminate).from LR you walk up 5 steps to kitchen (2 different ugly floors) and DR ( wood laminate) then up 5 steps to hallway (wood laminate) to bedrooms. My steps throughout are solid oak steps which match pretty well with the laminate floor.

My question is what are my options for flooring in new kitchen? I love the look of wood in kitchens, but I don't think I'd be able to match the wood laminate that I have now. If I replaced both kitchen and DR floor to match in a wood, what about the rest of the floors with different wood? Is that odd? If your standing in my DR you have a clear view down to LR it's very open look when you are on one floor to another. Also I don't love the color of my current laminate I would like to go a little darker, then what about my oak stairs?
I guess my next option would be just do kitchen floor in tile and leave rest of laminate alone, but it would be so nice to have one flowing floor!! I know I'm not going to love the 2 seperate floors with saddle :/ I would say my look is traditional with tuscan style accents. I loveeee those hand scraped type floors. Any advice ?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor