SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpfeif_gw

Grandpa's House...pretty much SOLD.

kpfeif
15 years ago

A few months back I posted here about us selling my recently deceased grandfather's home. At that time I asked for opinions on what to do/not to do to the home. Since my dad is a workhorse and saw the home as part of him, he of course didn't listen much. He's spent months working on it.

Well, the neighbor behind has a sister moving back into the area and was interested. Emails went back and forth, work continued on the house, she moved back here, and she put in an offer last week. She wants to close by January 1. The inspection didn't show anything too bad, and we expect things to go pretty smoothly.

Dad went ahead and had the floors refinished...he got a good deal. No painting has been done in the interior, but just about everything else has been fixed, patched, repaired, etc.

A home a few houses up sold for $205,000, but that was through a full-service realtor. There were also closing costs that the seller agreed to, etc. It was also a better house and in much better shape. It looks like we're sold for $172,000 FSBO.

Here's a shot of the floors (note that the strange niches have been torn out and re-done - I'll get photos of that soon)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kpfeif/3069233222/in/set-72157610437869530/

Comments (2)