SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamist649

Sleazy Investors

jamist649
14 years ago

I'm so disgusted/hurt/angry/etc I don't know what to do. Decided after getting burned for the millionth time during our 12 years in the landlording game...we're getting out. Last tenant moved out 12/2 left the house in a mess but not structually damaged. In the process of repairing water damaged flooring, installing new tile/carpet, and doing a good cleaning to get it ready to sell.

Neighborhood has been hit by the foreclosure situation and several homes have been snatched up by investors for DIRT CHEAP (e.g. 1100SF 3br/2ba $17,500!) Had one such investor stop by tonight while I was tiling and offer me a CRAZY LOW amount for the house "As-is, take if off my hands. Aint gonna get nothing for it anyway, I've bought houses like this for less, doing me a favor..." Kind of crap.

I won't disclose numbers BUT if he were to pay me what he wanted to he could:

-Rehab it for less than 2K

-Have it leased within a week

-Collect enough rent to make his investment back within 39 months

-Have free and clear profit from that point on

I told him I would let it sit empty before I gave it away. He told me to call before I "went into foreclosure". I advised him that I was:

a. NOT going into foreclosure, this is not my primary residence and I've dealt with vacancy before...and sorry tenants

b.NOT interested in selling another unit in this once-prominent neighborhood to another sleaze bag looking to cash in on someone's misfortune all the while transforming this community into glorified public housing

c.VOLUTARILY Letting it sit rather than rent. I've had THREE people stop while I've been working at the house to inquire about renting the house. I choose NOT to rent it by choice. I have no desire to EVER remove another person's feces from a restroom wall.

d.NOT interested in his snide remarks.

Good grief.

Comments (13)