SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sawyer212

Advice for Newbie/Preliminary Plans

sawyer212
6 years ago

We are buying an old house that is going to be COMPLETELY renovated. I'm meeting the builder and architect to go over the plans next week, but wanted to get your thoughts on the preliminary plans.

We are glad that we are getting involved early enough to have input/alter the plans as needed, but I'm told if we added any more square footage or bumped exterior walls we would need a variance (in our town, that is extremely time consuming and we would all rather not go down that path). So we are basically working within the confines of the space shown.

We have 3 young kids, so the 4 bedrooms upstairs are a necessity. I love the W/D on the 2nd floor, but was wondering if it would be at all possible to fit another bathroom up there?

I would also like kitchen suggestions. My initial thought is that the fridge is too far away from the stove. Where else could we put it? I would like the dishwasher to be to the left of the sink, if possible. No need for a prep sink on the island, but not sure exactly how big it should be given the size of the kitchen. I think the area right next to the mudroom would be a good pantry, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Would love your thoughts/advice/suggestions! Thank you.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths