SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
operaghost_gw

Open Floor Plan Painting Problem (pic heavy)

Operaghost
12 years ago

So, I'm the type of person that likes colour. All kinds of colour, whether it's calming sandy beach and light blue sky styles, or India inspired rich purples and oranges. This is my husband and my first house and it has a very open floor plan downstairs. To me, there aren't any real distinguished walls to break up the rooms. I want to do our front room (living room/dining room) green and the kitchen and den area blue. I have shades in mind that I'm thinking of using, nothing concrete yet, but as far as what walls to paint what colour, I'm at a loss. I'm linking pictures to show what I mean about the floor plan. I think the house has some nice features and great potential, but I'm not sure how to paint them without ruining the flow of the house. I don't want it to seem choppy, but I don't want to be limited to using just one colour or one group of colours, if I can avoid it. We are putting in a hardwood sprung dance floor in the front room, so I also linked a picture of the wood sample we decided on. It's not quite that bright in person, but best I can do. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, the table in the room with the piano is not our real table, so ignore it. Thanks!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review