SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheerpeople

up for ideas- open floor plan, 5-6 pics

cheerpeople
13 years ago

We are getting this house. Our first home after renting an old house over 20 years. If you've rented I'm sure you can agree with me, Yippy!!! Doin' the happy dance!

So, the floor plan as you can see in the link below is wide open. The stuff you see is not mine- these are the previous owner's things. I'm a little more contemporary or eclectic. I'd like gray walls in this whole space to tie it together, maybe different shades if necessary.

Could you see a chandelier over the living room area? What would look good and not cost more than $500- 600?

How do I make the dining area more cozy? It looks lonely. A rug under a differnt table? What light fixture there? I'd like something more up beat with parson chairs in black.

I don't have a ton of cash for decoration. If you see the kitchen pics I'm going to have to keep the cabs, but would like this to seem more interesting and updated. The gray paint walls could carry thru in here too. Do you think I could get a chandelier in here or just do pendants or what?

well, thx!! so much, happy smiles for your help from way over here in IL.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: the first 5-6 pics here show livingroom, dining, kitchen

Comments (10)