SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Help need a nice way to tell realtor to buzz off

lyfia
17 years ago

A little background we've been using a realtor in the area we are looking (about 1.5hrs away) and I think I've given her enough chances to prove herself. My husband was annoyed with her from the get go, but I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. So far I've done all the work finding properties we are interested in as she doesn't seem to listen at all. Just throws listings out even though I've e-mailed her twice with our criteria and talked on the phone about them a few times or responded to listings of why those don't fit. After the third time and getting the random listings that out of 10 only one was even remotely close I agreed with DH to find somebody else. We didn't sign a contract with her.

We've found somebody else that in 2 days have done a whole lot more than the first one ever did. (Already ruled out properties for us by previewing and saving us a lot of time) I haven't talked to this lady for a while except today she called and sent a bunch of listings again that has no relevance to the list we gave of what we are looking for at all other than that it is for sale.

So since we are moving to the country and I'm sure we'll run into this lady at one point or another we don't want to create any issue even though I'm less than satisfied with her help. I've done all the leg work and had to remind her several times that I wanted a plat map etc. of a property or more pictures that she promised she'd get or fax me something. Sorry just venting.

I really don't have any ill feelings for her as a person and I think she is a great one, just has too much going on to meet what we need in a realtor. How can I phrase it and sort of "fire" her without any bad connotations. I just can't figure out what to say and maybe it is because I'm so frustrated by her not listening.

Comments (22)