SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmxmom_gw

Please help with our family debate re: realtor

bmxmom
13 years ago

Please help settle a debate in our family. Here is the situation- our home is currently on the market and we are working with the realtor who we have used for four different transactions (buying three times, selling once). She knows our personalities pretty well.

Our realtor has our contact info- home phone, both cells, my husbandÂs work email and our family email. Because my husband is very busy at work and I am the "organizer" in our family, I have always been the contact person. I am the one who does most to get the house ready for showings, open houses, etc.

Our house has been for sale for several months and in the past two months, there has been a shift of how things have been handled. Our realtor is no longer using our home phone or emailÂshe is contacting my husband via his cell phone or work email. I feel as if she is deliberately leaving me out of the loop. My husband is very relaxed and feels that I am over-reacting. He thinks that she is emailing him because he scanned a few documents from his work email address and thinks that his email address is popping up first when she goes to contact us. This initially made sense, but I have sent emails to her from our home account during this time and she continues sending things directed toward him. Things came to a head the other day when I was looking at local listings online and noticed that ours had an open house icon beside it. I had no idea that an open house had been scheduled. The realtor set it up with my husband, who was swamped at work and had not mentioned it to me. Then, the morning of the open house, she left a reminder voicemail on his cell phone. IÂm sure that he would have remembered to tell me, but hate to think what would have happened had he not. I have had it. Our contract is up with her in a week or so and we are considering another realtor.

Just a disclaimerÂ.we have always had a good relationship with the realtor and to the best of my knowledge, I havenÂt done anything that may have ticked her off. Also, I am not a crazy control-freakÂI just like having all of my "ducks in a row" (esp. when it comes to having the house in perfect condition for showings). Lastly, we have a solid marriage and our communication skills are great (sometimes w/ a short time delay!!).

My question is thisÂam I being way over-sensitive (husband feels I am) or do I have reason to be irritated??? Thanks for being our referee!!

Comments (9)