SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi_boo

My mom has passed away.

mimi_boo
10 years ago

I don't post here often, but check messages frequently. To those who may remember me, I thank you all for your supportive words throughout the years. My mom passed away Saturday night at 8:35 pm.

She had been declining quite a bit the last two weeks. I spent Thursday and Friday with her this week and last and the entire family was here this past weekend. My eldest nephew and his wife arrived a week ago as a father's day surprise and just left this morning. My youngest nephew arrived from a school trip to Italy late Friday night. I think she waited for all her kids to be around.

Hospice was a great help as well. Only ran into a little tiff with her "Granny Nanny" caregiver on Thursday, when we started 24 hour care. Marie is a purest and doesn't believe in any medications, but when I witnessed my mother in distress, I agreed to morphine and anti-anxiety drugs to make it more peaceful for her. She repeated her beliefs that "only Jesus knows when it is your time to go" and I had to firmly tell her to back off. She has also called twice since offering to help pack up her room, etc. and I have only said thank you but we are ok.

She will be cremated and interred with my dad. We just came back from meeting with the funeral director. We're planning a small memorial service in about 2 weeks to allow out-of-town family to attend.

Thank you again. I have moments of "what do I do now" but I need to remember that she's in a much better place.

Barbara

Comments (48)