SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparksals

Buyer from $%&*^#@^

sparksals
16 years ago

Gotcha!! ;)

Turns out we have the buyer from heaven! The Home Inspection came out very well. We're waiting for the report, but no poly pipes discovered and only minor issues.

The buyer is a real gem and I'm told a very nice lady. She's had some hard knocks and at age 50 is buying her very first home, so she is very excited.

Her husband died suddenly of a heart attack and her parents recently passed away. Perhaps this is where she got the money for the house. Who knows. She is tickled pink with it.

My realtors are amazed that she is being so nice in this market. They said that it is just unheard of today.

She asked if she could buy our kitchen table, chairs and matching buffet. DH and I discussed it and we're going to say no. Reason being is I will be in the TC's myself for about a month and I will have no way of knowing where to buy a replacement. Plus, I have a hard time finding something I like. In the end, it would cost us more money to replace it than to keep it. I just don't want the hassle of dealing with that, the added expense as in we probably won't be able to find something we like for the same amount of money if we sold it to her. We're losing too much money on this house sale to have to worry about the added expense of replacing it. I bought it for the long haul and intend to keep it.

All in all, after all this stress, it looks like the deal is a go. The mould inspection is tomorrow. Apparently Prudential requires their buyers to have one b/c many realtors have been sued for it.

Here's a link to my previous thread:

Here is a link that might be useful: Finally! An Offer!

Comments (11)