SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicagoerin

Would you use this? FSBO Consultant-I help you sell by Owner

chicagoerin
9 years ago

Hello-after helping 3 friends sell their homes by owner, it dawned on me that there may be a business opportunity here. Many people live in hot areas that do not need a realtor to sell their house. It needs to be priced right and it needs to be marketed well. I live in a very desirable area where houses are flying off the market as soon as they are listed.

I helped 3 people sell their homes and they paid no commission. I took their pictures, wrote their description, helped them determine fair market value through reviewing comps, showed their house and negotiated on their behalf to arrive at a sale price. They hired a real estate attorney to draw up the paperwork. BAM! 6% savings.

My questions are this:
1. I need to find out if in the state of OHIO I could charge a consulting fee for these services. I do NOT want to be a licensed realtor and would not be marketing my services as such.
2. Would you pay for these types of services? The people I helped were elderly and were not internet savvy, and couldn't keep track of all the showings. The whole process would have overwhelmed them, so I just took over managing these things.

Any legal reasons why I couldn't do this under an LLC ? Do you have other suggestions/thoughts?
Thanks!

Comments (37)