SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c9pilot

Stirring the Pot (post-election question)

c9pilot
11 years ago

Things seem a bit slow on this forum, so here's an interesting situation I just read on a Real Estate blog...this REA has been working with out-of-state buyers for their retirement home for quite a while. Right after the election, they decided they no longer wanted to move to Colorado because they were "uncomfortable with the direction (the state) was moving in". Wow. Obviously, there is no arguing with a buyer about his personal comfort level.

So, that started me thinking about factors to consider when moving to a different state. On this board we tend to think of practical things such as taxes (income, property, sales, etc) and insurance, commuting and transportation issues, recreation, etc. And I can understand that if you are LGBT you might move specifically to a state that has marriage rights for you. But would people NOT move to a state because it has LGBT rights?

Would a stoner move to Colorado just because of the new law? Obviously there is at least one couple who WON'T because of it.

Non-Mormons, would you object to moving to Utah because of the Mormon influence there? What say you, beer drinkers?

Red people, would you move, or move from, or avoid a blue state? Blue people? Would anybody move to a swing state just so their vote actually mattered?

Your thoughts?

Comments (32)