SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Looking for an interesting color: kinda pink, kinda gray?

Sueb20
10 years ago

We have a teeny tiny powder room off the kitchen. No window. It has a white toilet, a white pedestal sink, and nickel fixtures. The flooring is slate, gray w/ some plummy and mauvey tones. When I say tiny -- okay, I have seen people here talk about tiny bathrooms and they're 5' x 8' or something -- mine is about 3' x 5'.

Once upon a time, the walls were BM Piano Concerto, which was very pretty. Then I got the urge to do the "dramatic color in the powder room" thing, so I painted it Frozen In Time. Okay, I'm over that. It is just too dark.

So... I have in my head a sort of grayish, "smoky" pink color... does one exist? I have pulled from the BM deck these colors: Wisp of Mauve, Soft Sand, Wheatberry. More browny pink than gray pink but maybe that's what I'm looking for?

Also from the Color Stories deck, I think Pinky Swear and Knitting Basket are interesting. Knitting Basket looks sort of like a gray with a bit of lavender thrown in. I'm having a bit of a hard time discerning colors because it's almost dark out right now -- we're having quite a storm. But the bathroom is dark so I suppose these are good conditions for the circumstances.

Actually, the more I look -- I think Knitting Basket is probably too murky.

Other suggestions?

I'll try to take a pic showing the floor, since that's the one "colorful" aspect of the room that I need to consider.

Oh, and the kitchen adjacent to the powder room is painted River Gorge Gray.

Comments (20)