SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Help with paint colors for quick room redo (kinda photo heavy)

l pinkmountain
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm seeking mostly wall color suggestions. I'm wanting to quickly do some painting this weekend to make the bedroom I'm using at my folks place bearable. I'm living there three days a week and slowly going through mom's and my stuff. Not sure that I will be living there long term so don't want to do anything major. I thought I could live with the pukey blue walls but after one night in there I decided to spend the weekend painting before I move everything in. Photos are of my things I want to use in the room, plus some inspiration pics.

Here are the parameters:

Carpet must stay. I hate the color but will wait on replacing all bedrooms at once if I stay.

I'm thinking to paint the brown painted and yellow night stand matching colors, either white or off white and put floral pulls on the drawers. Not committed to a particular color at this point, it needs to work and I'm open to suggestions. Edited to add that the maple six drawer dresser will stay as is and has a large matching mirror that will go over it on that wall.

The quilt is one I just found in with mom's things and I think I will use it now to replace my more muted one that is in some of the photos, since that one is torn and getting quite worn.

I'd like to use one of those beach watercolors, but I'm not sure which one. I don't think there is room for both of them in the room, but one I want to put over the bed.

The other photos are inspiration photos from an old folks home I visited. I liked that color palette.

I want to downplay the carpet. I think I may leave the floral border wallpaper if it could at all work, because I am dead lazy and also because it has sort of grown on me, like a fungus. But I could be convinced to remove it . . . but I don't want to.

Bedroom has one south facing window but shrubs obscure it and it doesn't get much natural light. Pukey blue shades will be replaced with probably aluminum or fake wood-look vinyl blinds.

Forgive the weird photos, my photo editing software and skills are limited. I had to make pdf's and then do screen shots to get a montage.

Comments (22)