SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2bme_gw

Got an appraisal, now I need to make an offer, help please..

happy2bme
16 years ago

I previously put a few notes in a few mailboxes in my current neighborhood to older couples that had a larger home and bigger yards. I got 2 positive responses.

I went to one home, liked it. My husband called them and asked them what the asking price was. They were afraid to say and we didnt want to sound like we were low balling. So my husband offered to get the home appraised at our expense. They believe they have the nicest home in the city. And it is a very nice home. The appraiser called me tonight and said the best he could do was 240K. They bought it in 2001 for 190k and from what I can tell they have put about 25 to 30k into it. I have a feeling they are expecting more. How should I present this? I would be willing to pay them 240k. Any suggestions? My husband is going to veiw this home next week when he gets home from his trip.

I am going to another home on Saturday. But I do prefer the home we had the appraisal on.

I also spoke to a realtor friend of mine which also expected if the home were on the market that it would sell for around 235K.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Comments (19)