SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scoutfinch72

PLEASE help with paint color for Family/Media Room

scoutfinch72
14 years ago

Dh and I are in a bit of a disagreement about what color to paint our soon to be finished basement family/media room and I desperately need some guidance. I have to choose paint colors in the next few days because I am leaving town next week for 3 weeks and I can't be the hold up.

The room is 20x22 or so and gets very little natural light. It is lit with 12 6" recessed can lights on dimmers as well as 5 wall sconces, also on dimmers. There will be 5 Love Sacs in the room (brick red, 2 navy, olive green, bright green) and a black/brown Ikea Expedit unit on the wall opposite the TV. We will have a round table with 4 chairs in one corner for a family game area and there will be a concession area with Ikea cabs (yet to be chosen) in another corner

I want this room to be a fun, casual family space, but also to feel well put together, if that makes sense. Dh wants to paint the walls a deep red. I have an issue with red because the exterior of our red brick house has so much UGLY red trim right now. We've spent so much time (and money!) on the interior that the exterior facelift will be waiting till next year. Our main floor LR and hallway are painted RH Latte and I was planning to choose something similar for the basement, but dh wants to go a little bolder for the family room and leave the neutral for the stairs and hallway.

Help!! Any suggestions for colors I should look at that might satisfy us both???

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES