SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lladuke27

Help with paint colors for kitchen and family room.

Lori LaDuke
5 years ago

I am in the midst of my kitchen and family room renovation. Cabinets are being installed next week. They are white (painted BM White Dove to match the headboard and trim in my other rooms) trying to decide on paint color for the kitchen and the connecting family room.

The hallway and dining room which flow into the kitchen are currently BM Edgecomb Gray. You can see in these pictures

Was planning on Having the painters touch up the White Dove and Edgecomb that was messed up in the renovation. The small halfwall you see in the above photo will have a cabinet covering it and countertop across it to make a peninsula. Countertops are Hanstone Italian waves. The kitchen will not have much painted wall at all except for the header in the above photo. Should I paint that Edgecomb as well or paint the hallway and Kitchen a different color?

the family room is open from the kitchen. I replaced all wood paneled walls and put new wood floors in the kitchen and family room. I am struggling with color. My original plan was to paint the room Revere Pewter (which looks gray in my basement). When I did a sample swatch it looks really brown.

colors on swatches are [L to R) BM Owl Gray, Stonington Gray and Balboa Mist. Revere Peter is on the bottom by the baseboard. Not sure how I feel about any. Owl Gray seems slightly green. stonington is pretty but maybe a little darker than I want? Balboa Mist seems beige.

Would love to hear any advice you have on colors. A friend suggested I just paint it all Edgecomb Gray, but then my entire first floor would be that color (except my bathroom and my sons bedroom). Was envisioning a soft, light warm gray that works with Edgecomb Gray but am not finding the prefect one yet. The room gets a good amount of light. I also am buying new furniture for the family room and was thinking a medium gray sofa and some accent seating.

Thanks in in advance for reading this long post!

Comments (10)