SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jsg26

Painted kitchen and family room gray, need help with cabinets!

jsg26
10 years ago

Hey guys, I have been trolling the kitchen forums forever but finally signed up to post this question since I love everyone's perspectives and opinions on here!

In my home which we bought a couple months ago, there was a super traditional and almost putrid yellow/gold color with a faux finish on top that covered the open floor plan family room and kitchen. The kitchen cabinets are glazed and have a bit of an antique finish look to them and are not yellow but are off white. But they look horrible with the BM Revere Pewter we painted.

Yes we knew this going in! We are really debating whether to:

Repaint (we were going to continue the gray into the foyer and second floor if we keep it),

Paint just the kitchen area with a different color that is close to the cabinets and matches the gray, this is really difficult! One color is ideal as it is one space but two colors can maybe work?

The last is to think about refinishing the cabinets, changing the granite to marble, and changing the backsplash but we really don't want to have to do that now, at some point yes, but not right now.

Obviously less expensive to repaint, but we wanted to know if you had any ideas on what we could do or a complimentary color for the kitchen and revere pewter. We don't have art yet or all the furniture so maybe that's another way of connecting the two colors together?

Here was before:

Comments (14)