SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
letitwin

Need help in my tack room with Benjamin Moore Annapolis Gray cabinets

letitwin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This is a sort of kitchen in my new horse barn. I planned to have the walls and cabinets and floors be muted so that my bridles and saddles would pop. Cabinets are Benjamin Moore Annapolis Gray and the walls, lockers and trim are BM White Dove. I had planned to put in a black bar table and 4 chairs in the room. I found old school lockers, sanded and had painted and installed. the room is 15' X 15'. I have one 15' wall opposite the cabinets with 3 eyeball lights. That wall is where I planned to create silvery Jeffrey Philips grasscloth over plywood tryptic type pieces on which my 20 fancy bridle racks would hang displaying leather bridles. The eyeballs are on a dimmer switch. I ride Western. I had planned to lay rustic gray wide plank tile on the floor.

Soooo, now I'm confused and I've run out of budget for now. I have now bought 4 old chairs to sand and paint (see video), considered having made a Murphy-bed type drop down table as one of the "tryptic" pieces, but am now looking for just a table. I should start with what colors go well with Annapolis Gray and Dove White? I've read that Annapolis Green is a good color and I do like it, but I was hoping to use brighter colors. Brighter doesn't seem to go as well with Annapolis Gray. Annapolis Gray seems work well with gold metals but I've installed stainless steel outdoor fan in ceiling and pendant over sink. I haven't chosen cabinet pulls yet. The yellow door is really cool, but I have no idea if I can use it. Might be going in the wrong direction with it. The water heater might be encased in cabinetry next year. The cabinets were salvaged from a new home job (which is why they are not matchy) and the granite is a remnant (Corinthian White, I believe is name....and I don't think it goes with the Annapolis Gray). I won't be laying tile since the floor concrete is uneven and needs to be sanded down (too expensive), so I'll stain the concrete (what colors?).

A misunderstanding with the builder meant I had to cut corners after grand plans so this is where I am now. I would so welcome anyone's suggestions. I have researched until I'm blue in the face colors and solutions and am kind of obsessive about finishing this AND getting it RIGHT on a limited budget. This is my haven and I've looked forward to having my own barn all my life.

I can turn my feed room into the "tack" room where I would put saddles and bridles and turn this room into an office/party room. I'm afraid I was trying to get too much done in this room.

Summary: Let's start with what colors you would suggest to go with Annapolis Gray and Dove White and do I need to start over and select another color?

Comment (1)