SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairygirl43

Made it past discovery period

fairygirl43
16 years ago

Hi all -

Well, we made it through the discovery/inspection phase, we've all signed off on repair requests (not too bad - will cost us about $550) and now we wait for underwriting (buyers have already been approved for more than the final price of the house). But you never know what underwriting will turn up. Spoke with my agent last night and he's not worried about this going through at all. Appraisal should be finished next week (house already appraised for higher (in late August) than the current sales amount) and we're looking to close on October 30th.

I'm still holding my breath although not as much now that we're through the discovery phase. On the last day of that phase, we lost each of the previous buyers so I will say that I'm relieved to get past that point. Plus, the buyers are military, have a VA loan and the husband is now stationed in Stuttgart, Germany so I think the wife wants to get this finished (we do too).

Our realtor is staying on top of the appraiser and keeping in contact with the title company and the lender to make sure things are progressing as planned. Keep your fingers crossed!

Comments (8)