SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carterinms

I need suggestions for my living room

carterinms
14 years ago

I am looking at couches to put in my LR but can't see how to arrange the furniture so that a couch fits. Here is the basic room dimensions:

And here's my attempt to fit a couch:

The blue box represents a built-in saltwater aquarium. The two sliding doors on the top wall are actually french doors. The set on the left opens outward, the set on the right does not open. The set of double doors on the lower right represent the where the entryway hallway is. The double doors on the lower left go into the study - they will open into the study. The left side of the room is open to the kitchen.

I'm having a hard time envisioning furniture placement. Ideally, we'd like to purchase a large armoire to serve as an entertainment center, with a large screen TV, maybe 42". Alternatively, we have a game room upstairs that could be used for TV/movie watching. Not having a TV in the main living room has some appeal! Without a TV, I'd like a room that invites conversation, playing board games, homework, etc. Our children are 3 & 6.

I'm really pulling my hair out over this - DH says that we don't have to have a couch, but I can't envision a room with a bunch of chairs in it without the anchor of a couch.

Comments (9)