SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jotx_gw

Any Ideas to Cut Costs on MBed & Bath Addition?

jotx
14 years ago

We are trying to have a split floor plan now that our 3 DDÂs are teens and pre-teen. Our house is on a cul-de-sac and is horseshoe shaped with all bedrooms on one long hall. IÂve gotten bids and have decided on someone but it is still appx 15K more than we really want to pay especially since we plan to add a pool as well. My questions is, if the contractor did the addition and dried it in w/out installing, flooring, cabinets, vanities, tub and shower do you think we could complete as a DIY and save appx 15K? My DH does not have a lot of time but he is handy and we have remodeled other homes. We would still have to buy the cabinets, plumbing fixtures, etc and doors but has anyone tackled a total redo on a bath and saved a significant amount of money? IÂve attached a copy of our rough draft plan. The sunroom on the drawing is part of the existing house and we plan to knockout the wall between sunroom and breakfast room to have a seating area. We will enclose our breezeway from garage and the new backdoor entrance will be in the existing sunroom w/a covered area for the door. The actual addition will be the 16.1x14.10 master and 20.5x16 master bath, master closet and outdoor bath w/shower for future pool. I believe the total addition is appx 740 sf. Also, if anyone has any other input or ideas to cut costs they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time and interest!

I tried w/out luck to copy my floor plan to this message but it is in PDF format and I couldn't convert to jpeg...sorry.

Jo -

Comment (1)