SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngalinnyc

tiny 2nd floor hall bath layout dilemma - appreciate additional h

southerngalinnyc
13 years ago

I sure hope I'm not wearing out my welcome on this site... I have seen so many great bathrooms, and ideas and gained great advice!!! Guess I'm addicted.

Thank you all.

So my 2nd floor bath is pretty dang small (6'10" x 6'8") and again ... the layout highlights the throne.

The depth of the wall that backs the sink and toilet is currently only 19" deep, 22" if I include the molding and measure all the way to the door opening. This only serves to further highlight the throne as you walk up the stairs as it seems that door is always open...

I am wondering if perhaps I move the door to the right whether or not

I can gain anything by eliminating the linen closet in the hallway... I am having a hard time figuring out though how to handle the entry though given where the plumbing currently is located for the tub/shower. I guess I would have to leave the back wall of the closet in tack... so would this really help.

We just moved all the plumbing around on the 3rd floor bath and that added to the cost... I am game to do it again if it really helps with the layout but am having a hard time envisioning a better plan...

So does this great group have any suggestions for me?

Here's a link to the layout and photos of the current state of affairs...

From lovely pink and green 2nd floor bath in all its glory
lovely pink and green 2nd floor bath in all its glory

Cheers!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor