SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeri

Should I be worried about our RE???

jeri
16 years ago

My husband and I put a bid on a home that was selling short. My husband found the listing on-line and liked the location. We called an RE (Terri) that I had used once before and really thought the world of. She told us up front that we would have to be patient  short sales often take time. The thing seemed really complicated and Terri said it really "smelled".

We were told the note holder was willing to sell for 609  we offered 625. DH was willing to go higher, but at this point just wanted to make a statement showing he was serious. *Many* weeks passed and Terri never had any news. Recently, DH asked Terri what was going on and Terri found out the house was sold! She said it was sold for 639. If I didnÂt already know, like, and respect Terri from my previous dealings, I would want to look for another agent  and IÂm still not sure we shouldnÂt. Is it possible that Terri did her best? Or should she have known what was going on long before it sold???

Just in case some of you are curious  609 was above comps in the area. But, this house had a much larger lot than any of the comps which appealed to my DH (an apparently someone else).

Comments (6)