SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Free Table/Venetian Hotel in Vegas. What style Chairs?

ladyamity
14 years ago

Some of you might remember when I lucked out and got a Free Table from the Lobby of the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.

The table has been shoved in a corner of the sunroom, covered with a bedspread and lots of boxes piled on it.

It will be uncovered this next weekend and I plan to decorate my very small (was once a 9' x 10' bedroom/POs changed it to a dining room) dining room around this table.

I wish I had updated pics of my dining room but right now I can't see the walls for the piles of packed boxes so I'll just have to use a couple older dining room pics to give you all an idea.

The walls in the dining room are the same.

The border is gone and now the area/wood trim has been painted with a shade a bit darker than the ceiling (Ceiling is Pony Tail).

The mirror will stay as it was my Grandmothers to her Danish bedroom set from the 40's.

I am thinking of painting or darking the wood around the mirror. Yes? No?

The little china/curio cabinet was our first purchase when we bought the house. We both decided, for sentimental reasons, it stays.

It was a cheapy wood-tone but it's now painted a deep, almost olive green.

The floors are 5" plank, very hard, light wood, right now bare, unsealed. That will be our next project when we are done with the patio.

As much as I'd love a nice rug under the table, I can't do that right now. Tripping issues with parents.

The table has a patina coming through the black color.... a dark coppery/hint of red color.

The table has lots of copper but the copper shows up much brighter in the pics than it actually is.

There is no red in my house but there is terracotta/clay/rust colors in every room.

I love wrought Iron...have some in every room.

I also love natural...rock, stone, nature.

My style is eclectic by choice but it's also decided by what I can find at Goodwill, yard sales and Craigs List.

I was thinking of a combo of a heavy-looking wood chair with iron in the seat backs.

Does that sound about right?

Or should I be looking for something else entirely?

Because of my parents (disabilities) I can't have chairs with legs that splay...must be straight legs on the chairs.

It's a very small room so the chairs can't be too big/beefy as there needs to be room for a walker to get through.

Looking through sites like Ebay, Overstock, Unfinished Furniture, Craigs List and similar, just when I think I've got it nailed down as to the type of chairs for this table, up comes something else and I'm torn, then get confused, then come to a standstill.....story of my life. *smile*

So, all you decorating geniuses with all your terrific Decor and Color DNA (I definitely missed the memo!)...what style chair should I be looking for?

Here is a link that might be useful: More Pics of Table

Comments (6)