SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
guvnah_gw

No offers in 10 months on quaint commercial property

guvnah
16 years ago

Ok - it's not residential, but a house does come with it! A brief history: Old bank building & small frame house on 4 fenced lots - 40 miles S of Dallas. We had an antique shop in the Bank & rented the house to another shop. We both work full time elsewhere & after a few years of doing this we want our weekends back. We were only open noon-5 on Sat & Sun & made pretty good money. We are selling the whole thing w/ inventory. We listed in October '06 at $135,000, dropped at some point to $124,500, have had lots of lookers but NOT ONE OFFER. Everyone loves our property & we get great feedback. We realize that it's an unusual property & knew that it might take a while to sell. Our realtor is doing her best to show it & feels the price is super fair - BUT there is one issue.....

The building next door had a roof collapse a few years ago. Ours looks good & is sound. However, her building looks terrible & it scares everyone. Not necessarily structurally, but they don't know what her plans are for the property. So far, nothing has been done in 5-6 years. Just looks really bad.

Even longer story, short is that we do not get along with the owner so us buying the property is probably not an option. Another long story that I can't get into .... we have said that we will offer the buyer of our property a first right of refusal (at the current market value whenever we got it) should we get it in the future.

Can you think of any way to market this property better to make next door not so much of an issue? We are not in a SUPER hurry to sell, but would sure like to. I thought the first right of refusal thing would help, but not so.

We are thinking about taking it off the market for a while to see if we can somehow resolve the problem next door or just to keep the listing from getting stale - it's been 10 months.

Any suggestions about our website or creative ideas to market it would be greatly appreciated. I read so many good ideas on here! Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: our website showing property

Comments (20)