SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

DR update! 4 chairs painted!

bac717
10 years ago

As promised, I'm back with pictures of my chair painting progress. I have completed 4 chairs with 2 to go. I think I might take a little break before I do the other 2 chairs. In the meantime, tho, I have a few pictures to share and then a few questions to ask.

First of all, here is a before and after. In my previous post showing one chair painted, some suggestions were made about changing the fabric on the seats to something with some black. I had the same thought, but now am thinking the current fabric is similar to the look I would have if the chairs had a woven rush seat.

And here are the 4 chairs at the table (taken with flash at night, so colors are a little off)

Here's a pic without the flash, but now the wall color is way off.

Now, for my questions. #1 What do you think of the idea of adding 2 upholstered chairs at each end of the table? Something like this from Carrington Court. I would still paint the other 2 chairs to have a set of 6, but would use just the 4 with the 2 upholstered and use the other 2 when I need them.

And #2 What about a rug? kswl's post about the french check rugs she just got for her bedroom got me wondering if a rug like that in the green check might look good with my table and chairs.

Thanks everyone!!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz