SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeinohio

2 or 4 chairs update- Need help with table now

deeinohio
13 years ago

A while back, I posted about my eat-in kitchen area here.. I travelled to North Carolina to sit in chairs and purchased 2 of these very comfortable chairs (non-refundable deposit, so please don't suggest alternatives).

The bamboo back chairs I had loved are gorgeous but very uncomfortable. I decided to take Les and Dilly's advice and replace the table as well. I went to Amish country yesterday to buy a round pedestal table. My original thought was painted black, but the salesman thought one with a painted glazed pedestal and stained top would be good. Now, I'm thinking maybe all painted and glazed. Also, the pedestal is tulip with cabriole legs, and I'm afraid it will be too country. My kitchen has dark cherry cabinets, so I'm really worried about adding more wood if I went with all stained to offset the country.

The link below shows the different kinds of pedestals. I really like the Woodbury and Lincoln, though both would be a few hundred more than the one I selected. So, which color would be best? Black, cream and glazed, stained with glazed pedestal, or all stained (NOT oak, more than cherry). And, should I look at a different pedestal?

I'm feeling frustrated at myself not being able to make a decision, and I need to order soon since it will take 10-12 weeks to make.

Thanks for any help.

Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Pedestal base choices

Comments (6)