SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patricianat

DR chairs, need help!

patricianat
16 years ago

When we moved to this house, we gave our cherry DR furniture to one of our children since this house was smaller and we moved what was the breakfast room furniture into the DR here. Now that we are contemplating moving and will most likely have a more formal looking DR, I don't want to buy new furniture, but want to keep this but use it in such a way so that it will look less informal.

The table is a trestle table, china cabinet has doors glass doors with muntins. It clearly has a fireside look but! I have seen similar used in rooms with French decor but with more formal chairs. My chairs are Windsor with no upholstery and wondering if I paint the China cabinet and table, use more updated upholstered chairs, if I can get a more formal look.

The DR furniture was no less expensive than my formal DR furniture and in fact, I think it might have been a little bit more expensive. The table has two extenders. It is approximately 80 inches but can go to (I think 108). Since it is good furniture, I would like to use it but change out the chairs to a more formal, upholstered look.

Any thoughts on that? I have leather sofa in GR with one two other leather chairs and 2 Chippendale wingbacks. I think I want a semi-formal, not formal look but more formal than I have now. I do have Queen Ann and Chippendale tables in storage that I can use in GR and also have a French coffee table in storage. Oh, I think I might have enough furniture in storage to furnish a small apartment. :)

Comments (17)