SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacylh_gw

Island Lighting - help me choose!

stacylh
11 years ago

I bought 3 "smallish" industrial lights to go above my 100"x54" island, but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm thinking that I need a little more "bling".

The more I search houzz.com, the more I discover that I really like these style of lights:

Traditional Kitchen by Stamford Kitchen And Bath Veronica Campbell of Deane Inc

This kitchen is very similar to the style and finishes that we are using (white cabs, dark island, floor color, paint color, cabinet hardware, etc.)

However, I'm torn as to whether or not I should go with those lights (in chrome that really blows my budget) or if a dark (blackish) would work since the lighting in adjacent (and semi-open) rooms will also be black (or ORB). I found these at overstock.com and thought they are very reasonable:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Antique-Copper-Finish-Glass-Lantern-Chandelier/6644524/product.html

Also, would you do 2 or 3 with an island that size? I'm thinking that 3 might look a little too busy. I had the electrician put 3 wires up in the attic to decide placement after island is in place but it's no problem to take one out, if needed.

Thanks!! Cabs should be in next week....getting super excited!

Comments (12)