SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Please help me choose light fixtures open concept space

ontariomom
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I sure hope you are willing to help me finalize my lighting choices for my open concept space. We are rebuilding our house and have added a large addition. I have found lighting design and fixture choices very challenging.

Here are my mood boards for the light fixtures in my open concept space (including large kitchen, dining room, great room, small living room and a foyer). I am going to mix metal finishes as per the advice in the blog linked at bottom. Can you let me know what you think of the choices. The dining room chandy, while dated, is still one I like. I don't see any need to pay $500.00 up to replace a chandy I still like.

The first mood board includes the small living room and a tall ceiling foyer. There are two options for the foyer fixtures and two options for the pair of sconces in the living room.

Next up is our kitchen (which is very large). We are considering two choices for hanging pendants in front of the kitchen windows (options A1 and A2). We will have one ceiling fixture in the passage way that connects the kitchen to the DR/GR (options B1 and B2). There is one accent wall in the kitchen where the two oil rubbed bronze light fixtures (E) can go and one spot for a wall light also in the kitchen passage way. Light G is our island light. We wanted a big light there to balance the island hood.

Last up are our options for the Great room/Dining room. We are again considering two options for a ceiling fixture (P2 or P1). Two of light fixture Q will go on either side of the fire place. The other shown sconces go on the open walls. Fixture M is a dining room chandy we already own (yes it is a vintage antique brass one from 2 decades ago). Fixture S will hang over our coffee table in the great room.

Looking forward to your feedback on the light fixtures and if you can see them working together. Linked below is the article I am using to inform my mixing of metal finishes.

Thanks in advance!!

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: mixing metal finishes

Comments (13)