SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyrkb

Porch Paint Color Help Needed

kimberlyrkb
14 years ago

Welcome to our furniture graveyard. ;)

This is a porch attached to the bottom level of our home. Since we live in a cold climate and it's not insulated, this porch is good for maybe 3-4 months of the year. We haven't done a thing with it since we moved in a year and a half ago, and didn't even use the porch last year except to store stuff.

I want to paint, but can't decide what color. I have two chairs and sofa that I will slipcover, probably in something neutral. I was thinking natural cotton duck, maybe. It must be washable and it can't be anything flimsy or too nice, as we have two special needs cats (with cerebellar hypoplasia) who will shred it while trying to climb up onto it.

Our house is in the woods, so I want the room colors to be something natural and soothing. No fire engine red walls here. I was thinking perhaps a sage green? Or will that color be somewhat "off" (more intense??) due to all the green-leafed trees around the room? Currently, the room is a sort of beige with the same color on the ceiling.

All suggestions welcome, even if they're not about paint color! But please know I realize the furniture it not optimally arranged (some of it is going away soon in a garage sale) and there are chaise cushions (cat landing pads) and a flattened cardboard box on the floor. :)

Thanks!

Comments (5)