SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

White or White Wash Wicker for guest bedroom?

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

Anyone with a White Wash finish on wicker furniture or a white finish on wicker furniture in their homes? Any wicker furniture in a bedroom in their home? If you chose White Wash over White, Why? If you chose White over White Wash, Why? Thank you!

I just ordered a dresser for my guest bedroom that right now is filled with plastic furniture I want to give away that is meant for an office. The drawers are deep and one piece may be all I need in that room. The walls are BM Philadelphia Cream. On the double windows are white sheer horizontal blinds (Comfortex), and the closets are mirrored doors with a white border. The trim and bedroom door and ceiling are SW Extra White. There are three two-drawer putty cabinets on one wall and a stepper exercise machine in the middle of the floor that I hope to start using again as soon as the doctor says it is OK to exercise. The Stepper is black. There are two skinny solid wood bookshelves in a brownish-cherry finish in the room. I only have room for one dresser to keep my out of season clothes.

I bought a white wicker dresser today over the telephone without seeing it with a 12% off coupon at a local 40 minutes away. The store has a 30 day full money back guarantee with no restocking fee.

The white hampers I bought from them (decided to not buy the ones from BBB that I would have to paint) had hardly any smell and were finished very well with wicker over wood and not over particle board. They seem to use a paint that does not have much of a smell that does not bother my allergies. I aired them out anyway for a week and washed the velcro cotton liners also twice to be sure I would have no allergies and I do not.

I ordered white thinking a nice neutral but now I wonder what a white wash finish would look like and if I should tell them to hold the order until I have time to drive there to check out the two finishes. The store has the dresser in a local warehouse and they are moving the dresser to the store for me this week to pick up in person to save on shipping. I just made the order 10 minutes before they were closing so I know nothing will be done until tomorrow.

Comments (10)