SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparksals

Q for Realtors - time mgmt and showing buyers

sparksals
16 years ago

Linda posted in Groominggal's thread about acceptable notice for home showings that realtors plan their time and may have a buyer looking one day and may not have time in their day to book an appt 24 hours in advance because they have another client the next day.

How do realtors plan their time? For instance, what if you are at an open house and one of your clients calls and wants to put an offer in on a different house *now*? How do you work it when someone is coming in from out of town to view homes and the time it takes to find a home is open ended?

We will be moving across the country sometime this year and I will take a trip up to the TC's once our house is under contract. I have my set of criteria and don't want to settle, so I have no idea how long it will take to find the right house for us. I could find the right home on the first showing, or it could take a week. What if you are early in a day of showings with me, a client calls and wants to list their home *now*?

So, how does a realtor plan for all that? It must be difficult with everything happening so fast in alot of cases.

Also, what is an acceptable period of time in which to reserve your agent for showings? I don't want to monopolize the agent, but at the same time, it's important to find the right house for us.

Any idea as to the average time it takes for someone to find a home? I know some people come down for a weekend flurry of househunting and have to pick something. I will have enough time to be patient and keep looking til I find what we want. If it takes a day, great! If it takes a week - no problem for me. But would it be for the agent?

Comments (13)