SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trashcanman

Should I let a realtor show my house without a contract?

Michael Lamb
6 years ago

Need some quick help here. I'm building a house, currently I am waiting for the building permit to be approved. I have already been talking to a realtor, and they came by a few weeks ago to give me a market analysis on my current house. I like this realtor and plan on using him, but told him that I am not ready to sign a contract with him just yet, I want to see construction start before I do that. I have told him that I estimate my new house will be ready in July, and I anticipate listing my house in late May or early June.

So I get a call from him today, he says an agent friend of his has a buyer that is looking and is interested in seeing my house. My house is semi unique for the area, in that I live in a townhouse and I did a kitchen remodel where I removed a wall and changed the layout, which no one else has done. This is what is appealing to the potential buyer, and she might be okay with waiting several months for the house.

So I do not have any contract with the realtor at this point. Do I let the potential buyer have a look at my house? Any drawbacks to this? Right now there is some minor cosmetic work that needs to be done to the house to get it ready for the market, the realtor knows this, and still thinks it is a good idea.

Comments (15)