SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love2sew_gw

OT: Digital Camera Question

love2sew
16 years ago

I received a Kodak Easy Share Zoom Digital Camera C633 a MD gift from my DD. She thinks this is the perfect camera for me to take pictures of my quilts and flowers. I have some good indoor pictures but as yet I do not have 1 good one out of about 20 taken outdoors. They are all a bit out of focus. There is nothing to focus with that I can find. I have tried the same shot in different modes with no luck.
All I have on this is a flash, a zoom, and modes.

Does anyone have this model or similar and can offer me some suggestions? I don't want to disapoint my DD by complaining about this...so I really need some help.
Jean

Comments (17)

• anjea
    16 years ago

I don't have the same kind of camera...but there's probably something with the modes. Those have to do with different lightings, such as indoor (daytime), indoor (nighttime), bright sunlight, sunrise/sunset, etc. Check your user manual about those and play with it.

The only other thing I could suggest is try different distances from the camera and be extra still when you take the pictures. Some cameras have a point at which they take the clearest pictures, and you may be too close/far for the ideal distance for your particular camera.

Good luck!

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

lovetosew...I have an easy share, but not the model you have. I've taken pictures outside and have good luck...the only time I get blurred pictures is when I zoom in to catch something in the distance. If I zoom in on something (like a flower) it turns out ok.
    Are you zooming in when you get the blurred pictures? If you are trying to capture something in the distance, try moving closer and not use the zoom.
    Sorry I'm not much help here...I just point and click..not very tech savvy.
    I'm sure others will have a better idea of what you need to do.
    Lynn in PA

• Related Discussions

A question about a digital camera.....

Q

Comments (8)
    You really have no need of that CD, I never use mine and I am on my 4th camera already. Most programs coming with cameras have limited stuff and loads of company bloat to contend with. Whether you download your pics to the computer using a cable to the camera or use a card reader XP handles it beautifully. A window will pop up after connecting asking if you wish to copy these photos to a folder on your computer. You do. If you are connecting to the camera it must be turned on during the download. It will then tell you how many pics are there and suggest a sub folder inside My pictures, this will have the current date for the folder name but you can change it to your liking. There is also a spot to place a tick to have the computer delete all the photos from your camera memory card once the transfer is complete. On completion you are offered the chance to view your photos in a slide show if you wish. It all works very well really with no need of the CD you have lost.
    ...See More

Question on videos using my digital camera

Q

Comments (1)
    A couple free programs would be Handbrake and Videora. For more features Roxio or Nero are popular and are not free.
    ...See More

Digital camera question

Q

Comments (16)
    At this point a memory card reader isn't going to do you a lot of good if you didn't have the memory card in the camera. However, many cameras have onboard memory that capture a limited number of photos before it runs out of space. If you were able to take photos despite the fact that there was no card in the camera, then you probably have photos on the camera's small hard drive. You do need a special USB cable to access them. The USB end is standard on all USB cables but the end that plugs into the camera can vary greatly. Wherever you go to shop for a cable, do take your camera. Jodi-
    ...See More

Question on videos using my digital camera

Q

Comments (2)
    I just asked my hubster and he uses a program called "Handbrake"..I don't know if its pc or MAC...probably MAC as that is what his laptop is... I just upload them to putfile or webshots and link to friends and family that way... Good Luck!!
    ...See More
  • ironkit
    16 years ago

Are ALL of the pictures blurred? If everything is blurred, no matter what, there could be something wrong with the camera.

You could possibly be in the wrong mode. I know that some cameras have a macro mode, and you might be stuck in it.

Is there a users manual? I like to read them. You find out specific information about your camera, and it'll help you take the best pictures you possibly can with it.

~ Kit

• maggie_sue
    16 years ago

I have a Kodak but a different model, and when you look at the screen and hold the shutter button a little bit there is a little green box that shows up on the screen, if it doesn't turn green, but stays red it is not in focus. Look for that.

• love2sew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and I will try them out. MaggieSue, I just went back and reviewed my pictures...some have a green hand, some red hand, some yellow hand...must be good, bad and so so! I probably didn't see the green square when I was outside, actually I didn't look for it inside either. Manual is very poor, called getting started guide.

You have lifted my spirits, maybe I will master this! Thanks

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

I googled this and found this review:
    ==================
    During testing, my outdoor shots usually came out sharp enough, but I got mixed results when shooting in indoor, low-light settings. It sometimes took clear, colorful photos at maximum zoom, but it occasionally had trouble focusing. AND BECAUSE IT LACKS IMAGE STABILIZATION, EVEN A SLIGHT MOVEMENT PRODUCED A BLURRY SHOT. Compared with other point-and-shoot cameras, the V610Âs images looked less sharp. The pictures were slightly underexposed, too, and white balance was a little off; I noticed a slight greenish cast in some shots.
    ======================

So I would say be sure to hold it steady. If it's not that -- what is DIFFERENT about outdoors. Lighting? Distance? If you can figure that out that may be a clue.

Also, you might check out Kodak Support, they may have a phone number you can call.
    http://search.kodak.com/?pq-locale=en_US&global=en&q=support

Good luck -- you are going to love having a digital camera. Oh, and WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Camera Review

• love2sew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Laurainsdca, thanks for your research. I have looked up some reviews and the only Con: I can agree with is shutter lag in certain modes. The shutter button is a bit tricky..half down gives you settings and then you have to push quite hard for the picture to snap, This is when I think I am moving and things get blurred. I also got into Kodak support and found some good stuff that's not in my guide.

You know I wrote this post over in Photography, I saw it listed and then when I went back it was gone. So I thought I would just come back and ask you gals and look at the help I am getting.

Will update progress tomorrow. Time to go to bed.
    Jean

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

I have an EasyShare CX7330. I took pictures at a wedding shower where the background had a varnished wood paneling. Because it reflected the flash and gave me a hot spot I turned the flash off. There was enough light in the room. What I got were fuzzy photos. Needed a bit more exposure time with the natural light and I wasn't hold still that extra bit of time. So now if I have the least bit of question about the lighting I use the Fill Flash. Why it works I don't know but it does. However if I don't like the close-up stuff to be lit up a lot by the flash, I find some way to steady the camera. I also take gobs of picture and delete the bad ones after I download.

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

I've have the EasyShare C743 and don't seem to have a problem. Do you have settings on the main off/on switch: flower for closeup, mountain for distance, video setting? Did you get a CD with the camera? Maybe there is something in there that could help you.
    Teresa

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Jean,

We are helpful because WE WANT PICTURES!!!! LOL.

I'm impressed by you guys and all you know about these cameras. I just point mine and click. Fill flash? I will have to look to see if I have that...

• love2sew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

UPDATE: Some progress up to yellow (so so) pictures. Cannot get a green (good) picture inside my house with light walls.

Went to Walmart Photo and the technician could not get a clear picture within the shop. Went out into the store and we got good pictures.
    At least I have reported problems within my 30 days so they will refund it.

Will go back tomorrow and see Manager and maybe he can print out some red and yellow pictures to see just what they look like. Today the girl thought the flash was not flashing bright enough. I hate to give it up as it was a package deal that included the docking station and I like it.

H....just might freeze over before pictures get posted. Sorry, I am getting a bit frustrated again. You all are a lot smarter than me and your suggestions may help others as well.

I will update tomorrow.

• love2sew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Today Monday, back to the camera shop. We put the disk in to print some photos and it didn't indicate any of the pictures were bad like the camera tells me. He showed me some new features to try out and it is not a problem that the 30 days are up if I want to continue working with it. So the camera came back home again. I don't think there is anything wrong with the camera and it has a lot of features so I will just keep trying until I get some settings that will give me a good picture.

There is still hope, so I off to experiment.

• maggie_sue
    16 years ago

Love2sew- how are the photos coming?? Hang in there you will get it. As long as you have talked to management, I would think that they would just replace the camera, so you could keep the printer??? Once you get some pictures we can always talk you thru posting. Not to worry!

• love2sew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maggie Sue, thanks so much for the encouragement. I feel a lot better after looking at the pictures in the photo shop. I didn't take anymore today but must get click happy tomorrow. I finished sewing my Bento Box quilt top. Sharon F. posted a picture of a block and I went from there. I really like it so will flick a pic tomorrow.

I don't have a computer or printer... it will be getting the pictures from the camera over to Photobucket. Then I will be okay. I have to do this on my DD's computer at her house.

I didn't get a user's manual but I found some info at Kodak web that is usefull so I need DD to print some of it out for me to use as reference.

I had to call my Sasktel support people because of some E-mail problems. The nice fellow I talked to asked me if there was anything else he could help me with today. I said I have this new digital camera...do you know anything about them. He chuckled...no, not today. I thought it was worth trying!

• polardream
    16 years ago

Jean,
    I have Kodak easy share model C330 ... it takes some getting used to. (I had an olympus before & it was awesome until dropped one too many times) DH thought this would be better because it was less expensive -and I tend to drop cameras a lot! :)

You do have to play with the shutter a bit - it reacts slower than other cameras. I have problems with the macro feature - that's where my pics tend to be blurry. Still working on it... I do have some trouble with colors - the flash really distorts the color - but I think that really is more of a digital camera vs. film camera argument than Kodak ES argument.
    Keep practicing and let us know how it works out!
    Sue

• love2sew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes Polardream, there is no comparison to a cheap digital and a Real Camera! The photo shop technician showed me some settings I could change so I have experimented with that. I am now getting more consistently yellow (so so) which are usually only a little dark not necessarily blurry. Hopefully this weekend I can get them on the computer and look at them and post.

I like the camera and it has a lot of features for it's size. I would not invest more money in one because I don't take a lot of pictures.
    I have quite a few pictures, about 12. I have my BD blocks, some from our quilt show, a couple bags, a question on a current project. Should I break them down under different post topics or dump them all under one or maybe they should be posted somewhere else so not to have too many postings?

Any suggestions would be helpful and thanks for thinking of me!
    Jean

• maggie_sue
    16 years ago

Jean, I guess I like to see the topic and the the photos for that topic, or even several to a post. I like to see them right with the post. You know just copy the tag line and paste it right in your post. You can do it I expect to see photos tomorrow, or maybe yet this evening depending on your time zone! Many topics with many photo's works for me!!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH