SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ineffablespace_gw

dated vs dated: old and older.

ineffablespace
10 years ago

I am gutting a relatively new bathroom in my new old house [two actually, one is less than three years old :( ]. Its a long story but both are very poorly done.

They look current enough, both are subway tile, octagon and dot floors [one all white and one white with black dots] and one had a Kohler Memoirs sink in it, which is a nice sink, [although this one appears to be a second].

As part of the bad job they did, they just left any debris that fell down into the ceiling cavity of the first floor down there. [It's not my debris, it was in inaccessible areas like under the bathtub I just took out today]. I had found bits of black tile before, but today I found the first speckled wall tile.

So here are the new old finishes:

And here are the Old old finishes: (all of which are still produced believe it or not, that's where I found the images)
4x4 Golden Granite with 2x2 black porcelain and 1x1 luminary gold porcelain floor.

The newer old one was fine looking, finish wise. The Old old one is not something I could really commit to, but I still feel like the Old old one was probably a little more appropriate to the house. I won't Repeat it, even though I could, I guess. But I think whatever I do should look more like the original one than the newer one.

Comments (20)