SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
officewench_gw

Consistant or matchy-matchy?

officewench
15 years ago

Hi - I'm a lurker here and at the Kitchen forum and I have a small dilema. I have to replace a vanity in my main bathroom and I'm not sure what style to get. The bathroom is very small - vanity can be no more than 27" - with no natural light. The walls are white, floor will be a very light off white ceramic tile and the light fixture is brushed nickel.

I have a chance to get a nice cherry coloured vanity with a white top for a really good price but I'm concerned that it will look heavy and dark in such a small bathroom. Also, nothing else in my house has any cherry colouring at all. Home Depot has a great white cabinet that I love but it's more expensive and it doesn't come with a top. Cost is not the number one concern but I don't have a fortune to spend on this vanity.

The rest of the cabinetry in the house is going to be white Shaker style, possibly with beadboard inset. All the doors will be the same white with beadboard. I'm worried that if I go with the HD cabinet my house will look like a beadboard factory exploded in it. I don't want to be matchy matchy, I just want everything to flow as my house is really open and this is the only bathroom the guests would use.

My options are a little limited as I live in back of beyond in northern Canada.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, I'm at work.

Comments (11)