SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peace_rose_gw

How do you coordinate without being matchy-matchy?

peace_rose
14 years ago

Trying to pull all the little finishing details together, and just wondering if thereÂs any schools of thought on how to pull different "finishes" together. I donÂt want it to look like I purchased everything at the same trip to the store (matchy-matchy). One the other hand I donÂt want hodge-podge, like we raided the home improvement outlet!

The focal point of the kitchen is the vintage stove, with a shiny chrome top, like this:

http://www.antiqueappliancecompany.com/1954OKeefeMerrittmodel405.html

ItÂs not a "vintage" kitchen though. WeÂre going for that classic look youÂve seen a zillion times (white cabs, dark grey oiled soapstone laminate, white subway tile backsplash, schoolhouse lighting).

WeÂll be using this chandelier over the dining room table for sure. In the picture it looks lighter than it really is. Whatever it is has a really cool patina thatÂs built up over the years:

IÂm thinking of re-using our current faucet (polished nickel with porcelain):

HereÂs the layout of our project:

So that leaves the hardware/finishes the following up in the air:

- Pendant and Sconce Lighting (leaning toward oil rubbed bronze).

- Cabinet drawer pulls and knobs (leaning toward oil rubbed bronze or satin nickel)

- Doorknobs (leaning toward oil rubbed bronze or satin nickel KNOBS not levers)

Thus back to the original question: can I pull this all together without it being too hodge podge? Is it best to have a variety of finishes?

As always, thank you all so much!!

Comments (27)