SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ariadne_gw

New construction -- what's the role of the buyer's agent?

ariadne
16 years ago

We're building a new home in a subdivision and we signed a contract with one agent for both the sale of our condo and the purchase of this new home.

The condo sold about 3 weeks ago after 26 DOM. Prior to working the sale, our agent assisted us with signing the new home purchase contract for the new house, getting our ducks in a row with the builder, etc.

Since we sold the condo and moved into an apartment, there has been little to no movement from her on the new house. I've been the one calling the builder for updates, status checks, etc. The builder is about 4 weeks behind schedule because of issues getting permits from the city and it seems like I'm the one working my butt off to get information from the builder directly -- she's not doing diddly.

Am I under the wrong assumption as to what she should be doing for us? Just what exactly is her role in this situation? Should she be the one calling the builder, staying on top of the process, finding out where they are in the schedule, etc.? Instead of asking us if "we've heard from the builder lately"? (a direct quote from her the other day)

Comments (14)