SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

RECIPE: cooking now: need some ideas

rjinga
14 years ago

I have a recipe from a pampered chef party that is really great, it's made with croissants and a mixture of chicken, mayo, sour cream, italian bread crumbs, italian seasoning or dressing, chopped onion, parm. or other white cheese, I add pecans or cashew pieces, and sometimes chopped up pears, etc. the mixture is spooned into the croissants which are laid out slightly overlapping, like little triangles on the baking stone in a round pattern so when it's all wrapped up it's a "wheel"

MY QUESTION:

I dont have chicken, so I figured I would experiment with what I had (ground beef) it's now cooking with onion and mushrooms and peppers.

I'm just not sure what else I can add to it to make it good, I will add cheese, and seasoning of course, thought about maybe a can of cream of mushroom soup, and broccoli, but my broccoli went bad!! so I'm aiming for a cheesy mac kinda thing, or like a casserole filling..I also considered adding some rice? or some type of small pasta, but that might be weird inside a croissant.

I have asparagus (from my garden) squash and other veggies I could use...carrots, cabbage, zuchinni, red potatoes, celery? Maybe just a small bit of several of these?

It seems whatever goes into these croissants turns out yummy. I just need to be the right consistancy, not too soupy, and nothing with too much liquid when it cooks, so that the outside stays firm.

It turns out like a bread filled ring..fun and easy,

ANY IDEAS??? QUICK, I need them now :)

Comments (4)