SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starlightfarm

Recipe Ideas for Lg Crowd... definitely need to be 'make ahead'

starlightfarm
13 years ago

We are having our annual family reunion at our house in a few weeks. We have hosted the reunion for several years now. My uncle has won many awards with his pork BBQ and that is always the main attraction! He usually supplies the "basics" (BBQ, baked beans, green beans/potatoes and homemade hushpuppies). Each family generally brings a side item and/or a dessert.

I try to provide several dishes (a few appetizers for the early birds) and a couple desserts. I love to cook and would say that I am a decent cook (at least that's what everyone says!)..... so I'm up for anything.

My problem is........ I have a job now, so I'm not quite so flexible and don't have all the time that I used to. I work 12 hour shifts and will be working the day before the event. I need some recipes that I can prepare two to three days in advance. There are usually around 50ish people that attend..... so I'll need to make some big batches of whatever I cook/bake.

I've thought about cake balls.... but wonder if they will hold up for a couple days??

ANY suggestions will be appreciated! Appetizers, side dishes, desserts.... I'll probably be cooking a little bit of everything.......

Thanks!!

Comments (12)