SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
platocat

Need help with ideas/recipes for large family reunion!

platocat
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I've been a longtime lurker of this forum and really love everyone's willingness to share ideas/recipes. I hope you all can give me some much needed help for an upcoming family reunion that will take place in a week and a half.

Every year my husband's side of the family gets together for a family reunion and people take turns organizing this event. This year is our turn and we will be going to Northern WI to spend a week at 2 rented cabins by the lake. There will be 21 of us there total (15 adults, 6 children). From what I understand, the cabins will have basic kitchen amenities and we will have access to charcoal grills. The area is remote (we are going to be on a small island) so we will be very limited in dining out options. I expect we will have to prepare most, if not all, of our own meals. We will be going there by car so we can bring along some appliances like rice cooker (we're Chinese), slow cooker, etc, but trunk space is limited.

I love food but I consider myself only a novice chef so it's kind of freaking me out that I have to plan meals for this many people over a 6 day period of time. Can you please, please , please give me some ideas (and recipes!) of simple dishes that I can prepare in large quantities for our group? I'm not sure of how much food I need to buy to ensure we have enough to eat. Any helpful tips will be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Comments (15)