SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx_gw

Semi OT -- laundry room question for buyers

lascatx
15 years ago

If you were looking at a house, would you not buy it had a stacked full-sized washer and dryer? Would it bother you to have the washer and dryer right in front of the laundry room door (visable from the front hall between the master bedroom and the living room but not from the entry or those rooms)?

Our house is nearly 20 years old -- built before McMansions, but in a neighborhood of homes between 3000 and 3600 square feet and nearly all 4BR, 3-1/2 bath. They are family homes, so we as well as any potential buyer would want and need a large washer and dryer (looking at the largest Whirlpool Duets if we stack them).

I've spent months working on a way to redo our laundry room and get some work space (even to sort laundry), and while I have some uncertainty of working with stacked washers and dryers, I sure like the way stacking them and switching to a built-in fridge would open up a rather samll laundry room. Having the washer and dryer opposite the door allows more swing room for the front loader doors.

Would a recently redone kitchen where you would likely spend more time than doing laundry make up for any reservations about the stacked washer and dryer? Any other thoughts?

Comments (23)