SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreva

So Mad at Our Agent !

Denise Evans
16 years ago

We have been on the market for only 30 days, had three showings. Last Wednesday we called our agent as we hadn't had feedback from a showing several days before that. He said they loved the house and we could be expecting an offer. Fine....two days go by, no call, no offer. We call him again. Oh, they want to see the house one more time. How about Saturday? Fine. Saturday afternoon, he calls. Another agent in his office is preparing the offer. Fine...call us when you get it. No call the rest of Saturday, no call all day Sunday. He calls this morning and asks if we can come to his office. We get there and have a really bad, low ball offer. We reject it outright. Then we ask, when did you get this offer? He says, "I left the office Saturday and the other agent wasn't finished with it, so I found it on my desk on Sunday afternoon. But, because it was such a poor offer, I thought I'd let you enjoy your Sunday." He also admitted to showing other houses most of yesterday.

My DH said very firmly and quietly, "We would have appreciated a call no matter what the offer was, we were waiting to hear from you."

Am I overly sensitive, or do we have a right to be ticked off?

Comments (25)