SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
giantpony

What Does This Mean? Lots of Showings....

giantpony
17 years ago

Our house has been listed on MLS, just under 2 weeks. (2 weeks on Wednesday.) In that time we've had 12 showings. 2 days after listing, we did have an offer, someone looking for a desperation bargain. They offered low and asked for many things to be included with that price and when we countered (agreed to all the things they asked for, but asked for more money, still well under our asking price.) they were no longer interested.

I know my house is not perfect, its an almost 20 year old (dreaded!) back split in a good neighbourhood, but on a busy street.

The only feedback we've received is that the street is busy, the house is too small (many of the neighbouring houses are 4 + bedrooms, 3 bath... ours is a 3 bed, 2 bath, a "starter" in this neighbourhood).

We believe we're priced well... 3 realtors we interviewed suggested listing between $245k and $250k... we listed with the 4th that suggested we price it more reasonably at $239,900.

I'm embarrassed to admit that this process is much harder than I expected and after almost 2 weeks I'm feeling kinda fed up! I know I potentially have a LONG road ahead yet!

So we're getting traffic, not getting any feedback on fixable things... I guess it means I just need to be patient? Yuck :)

Any thoughts on what it means to get lots of showings but no serious offers?

GP

Comments (14)