SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

How many 'sayings' can you have in one room?

2ajsmama
14 years ago

I have a large (37 x 13) kitchen/FR. They are separated only by a 30" wide waste wall at the end of the cabinet run. I hung a canvas "saying" there just to cover the thermostat for the radiant heat that we never use ($800 experiment to see if we wanted it in bathroom - yes to bathroom, but the area I put it in the kitchen is heated well enough by vent under the sink).

I bought another "saying" - black "Family and Friends Forever" on a green 6x18 board that I was thinking of over my range, but then decided I didn't like it there, want to use it in FR instead. I got it at Goodwill, so can't return it, I can return the other one.

I was also thinking of using decals or stencils to write something on the 37 ft wall opposite the sink/stove/breakfast nook/slider, just to tie the 2 rooms together more. (Looking for suggestions of phrases).

{{gwi:1448174}}

We've got 1 tall bookcase on the right side of the bay - looking for another, and eventually we'll do custom all the way to ceiling.

Not a good picture, but at least you can see where I have 4 doors/doorways in a row in kitchen, FR is to left. I know I need to get all my trim up, FR is waiting on a new bay windowsill (and then the striped Romans will go in the bay) and kitchen needs tile replaced before that door trim and last piece of baseboard stretching into FR goes up. So I'm trying to decorate around all the work just to feel like a home instead of construction site.

{{gwi:1504784}}

How much is too much? Where would you hang the green "Family" board (may do scarf or cornice over slider after trim is up, to bring it to same height as windows, so not there)? Should I return the current "Trouble" saying and find something else to hide the t-stat? Thanks.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County